So this post is a bit of a random one, and it’s something I’ve been debating writing about for a little while now. I’ve decided that I want to lose weight. But here’s the thing, this has been something I decided a while ago, I’ve just never managed to stick to it. I manage to eat healthy for a couple of days, but then I have a bad day and decide to treat myself to pizza, then it’s a downward spiral from there. I do workouts for a couple of days but then lose motivation. I struggle. I’m hoping that by putting this out there for you all to read, will maybe help me keep it up and maybe some of you will be able to relate.
The environment I work in doesn’t help. I’m currently on placement and I do a 9-5 desk job, where the most exercise I get in the day is walking to get a drink. I’m also super tired by the time work is over, so I usually just want to get home, cook something quick and easy, then relax with a bit of Netflix. Before placement I spent 2 years at Loughborough University, where I had a lot more free time, and was surrounded by people who loved sport. I was doing dance 3 times a week, and cycling in to lectures every day. Here, there aren’t any dance classes nearby, and if there are , they’re very expensive coupled with the travel costs of getting there. I’m also no longer surrounded by people who have the urge to work out every day, obviously there are exceptions, but the people around you do make a difference. When you live / spend time with people in good shape or eating healthily , you do too, at least I do. However it also works in the opposite way.
My body is something that for the past few years, I’ve never been all too happy about. Don’t get me wrong I’m not obese, I’m merely at my largest currently. When I tell people I want to lose weight, they say “oh but you aren’t fat?”. So? Others may look at me and think I look fine, but I want to be the one to look at myself and think I look fine. That’s what this is about, I want to be able to look in the mirror and be proud of what I see. My main area of concern is my thighs, especially since they have caused me to wear through many pairs of perfectly nice jeans. This is where I hit my limit, I went shopping at the weekend for new jeans, and ended up having to buy a pair in size 14. There is nothing wrong with this size at all, however I used to buy size 8-10, so it came as a shock. So I thought, enough is enough, I need to get back in shape, I need to be healthier, I need to change things.
SO this is my plan of action:
- I’ve recently just bought Charlotte Crosby’s Live Fast Lose Weight recipe book. This book stuck out to me because the recipes in it were simple and achievable. I don’t have the time and money to make fancy dishes, so for me this fit the bill, plus I looked at the recipes in it and I liked the look of most of them (which for a fussy eater like me is an achievement). I aim to stick to recipe’s such as these, or ones very similar!
- I’m going to cut down the amount of pasta I eat weekly. Pasta is my favourite thing to eat, it’s so quick to make and fills me up! However since pasta is a carbohydrate, it contains a lot of energy, which if not used is stored as fat.
- I’m going to try exercise daily, even if it is only a short workout. I’ve been loving Lucy Wyndham Read’s 4 minute HIIT workout’s for April. I’m a little behind so I’m going to do at least 2 a day. My aim is to do one in the morning before I go to work!
- Drink more water!! This is a big mountain for me because I actually really don’t like water! But I need to suck it up and get used to it. No more fizzy drinks!
- Lastly I aim to write this all down weekly and post it, similar to Anna Saccone’s – What I ate Wednesday’s , but instead a weekly overview. Everything I eat, every workout I do and my opinion of it all.
LET’S DO THIS.